Sunday, November 11, 2007

But if I can make a person chant the name of Hari, I consider this a bigger achievement............

Nama Article - 11th November 2007

Excerpts from a discourse by our Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji


I am organising a lot many things like Utsavams, mission for protection of Vedas etc. But if I can make a person chant the name of Hari, I consider this a bigger achievement than the former. I have taken a vow that I shall do good to all and even to those who do evil to me. I also like you all to be likewise .

 

All those who are associated with this Sath Sangam should lead the life of Dharma; should do Naama Japam and Naama Sankirtanam every day; should be ever helpful to one and all; should be disciplined and in control always. If you can live this way, the Lord shall do all that is required for you. I am not asking you to do giant tasks, but all I ask of you is, let the task be small, but do this with love and sincerity.

 

Heaven is not anywhere above us, if we know how to live, and live in that manner, this very world becomes a paradise, otherwise this world becomes a hell too. If there is no life after physical death, we can lead a wanton life. But there is life after death, and unless we lead a life which is acceptable to our Lord, we can never reach the lotus feet of Hari.

 

If each and everyone of you pledge to lead such a life, only this is the true celebration of the "Jayanthi Utsavam".

 

************************************************************************************************************************

 

Keeping this in mind Sri Sri Swamiji's Jayanthi is being celebrated in various Namabhiksha kendras across the globe on 11th November 2007.

 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan  :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

No comments: