Friday, October 3, 2008

Faith is even greater than God.......Unshakable faith and patience are the two coins that one should offer to Guru as offering

Nama Article 4th October 2008
 

Question

 

Swamiji, Do you think that there is anything greater than God ?

 

Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji

 

Yes,.. I believe that Faith is even greater than God.

 

Suppose God appears before us, but we are doubtful if it is God or not , what is the use?

 

But if you have faith,even a stone image can talk to you. So I believe that faith is the greatest of all. This faith should be firm and unshakable.

 

Question

 

I think I get what you are saying. Could you please illustrate this further, Swamiji...

 

Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji

 

Let me tell you a small anecdote in Shirdi Sai Baba's life. Once a lady devotee of Shirdi Sai Baba was very adamant that she should receive some sort of Upadesam from him. But Baba refused to oblige. That lady went on a severe fasting. On seeing this, a few people informed Baba about this.

 

Baba called her and softly asked her , "Do you think my Guru gave me any initiation or upadesam ?"

 

She replied,"He must have Baba... , or how could you have become so exalted."

 

Baba smiled and said, "My Guru asked me to give two coins as Guru Dakshina (offerings to Guru). I didn't know where to get the coins from. Sensing my plight he said, 'My dear son, I asked you two coins of Nista (Shraddha and unshakable faith) and Saburi (patience and perseverance) in me. I had unshakable faith in him. So should you.

 

So.... now do you see that faith and patience are the greatest things.

 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

No comments: