Sunday, January 31, 2010

Along with prayer, Gandhiji tried to enthrone Ramanama in his heart and took God's name with every breath

 

PATHWAY TO GOD By Mahatma Gandhi

 

"I believe," declares Gandhiji, "that prayer is the very soul and essence of religion and therefore, it must be the very core of the life of man."

 

Along with prayer, Gandhiji tried to enthrone Ramanama in his heart and took God's name with every breath.

 

At the same time he developed the attitude of self-surrender to the Lord. "I have no strength," he says "save what God has given me. I know that I can do nothing, God can do everything.

 

My greatest weapon is mute prayer. God demands nothing less than complete self-surrender as the price for the only real freedom that is worth having. And when a man thus loses himself, he immediately finds himself in the service of all that lives. It becomes his delight and recreation. He is a new man, never weary of spending himself in the service of God's Creation."

 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare 
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

No comments: