Monday, May 3, 2010

The name of God is more powerful than the senses. It will become all right in time if you practise regularly.

 

Reminiscences of Sri Sarada Devi

 

Be Regular in Your Spiritual Practice

 

One day I said to the Holy Mother that I could not concentrate well my mind during meditation. My mind was very fickle and unsteady. She smilingly replied, 'Oh, nothing— that is the nature of the mind, just like that of the ears and eyes. Do it regularly. The name of God is more powerful than the senses. It will become all right in time if you practise regularly. Always think of the Master who is looking after you. Don't be worried about your lapses.'

 

I said, 'Mother, bless me that I may practise regularly.'

 

Mother, with a kind smile, told me, 'Be sincere in your practise, words, and deeds. You will feel how blessed you are! His blessings are always on all creatures on the earth. It is needless to ask for it. Practise meditation sincerely and then you will understand His infinite grace. God wants sincerity, truthfulness, and love. Outward verbal effusions do not touch Him. Observe punctuality of time in your practice, take His name, and utter the mantra concentrating your mind with all your might. If you exert yourself sincerely and, banishing all other thoughts, pray to Him from the core of your heart, then your call will be responded to and your prayers granted through His grace."

 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare 
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

No comments: