Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nama Article 21st July 2011

Nama Article 21st July 2011


MAKING YOUR WHOLE BEING AN EAR FOR MANTRA

Source: The Art of Joyful Living

Swami Rama

 

My way of using the mantra is different from yours, because I do not want to fool around with the process. I sit down, and I observe my whole being listening to the mantra. I do not remember the mantra or repeat the mantra mentally, because then the mind repeats many things.

 

Instead I make my whole being an ear to hear the mantra, and the mantra is coming from everywhere. This will not happen to you immediately in meditation, but when you have attained or accomplished something, then this will happen to you. Then, even if you do not want to do your mantra, it is not possible to avoid it. Even if you decide that you do not want to remember the mantra, it will not be possible.

 

Finally, even the mantra does not exist; only the purpose for which you repeat the mantra is there; you are There. The mantra might still be there, but it exists as an experience that overwhelms your whole being, and is not separate from you.


Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

--------------------------------------------------------

http://namadwaar.org/home.php

--------------------------------------------------------

For more Namakirtan articles please visit http://guruandnamakirtan.blogspot.com/ 

No comments: