Sunday, December 25, 2011

Jesus had prayed, “Father glorify your name”: Then a voice came from heaven: “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.”

Nama Article 25th December 2011

 

Jesus says, "Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? But for this purpose I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name."

 

He lives for the purpose of glorifying his heavenly Father, and every act he takes, whatever the cost, must be the one that most glorifies his heavenly Father. So his prayer must be, "Father, glorify your name."

 

It is important that we see this struggle so that we can know that Jesus faced every kind of temptation that we face, and that he made choices to obey that were hard and painful for him.

 

Jesus had prayed, "Father glorify your name": Then a voice came from heaven: "I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again." The crowd that stood there and heard it said that it had thundered. Others said, "An angel has spoken to him."

 

 

Please check these: Excerpts from a discourse by our Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji

 

Faith heals

 

Lord Jesus is a Maha Purusha and a Yogi.

--------- 

For where two or three are gathered together in My Name, there am I in the midst of them - Matthew: 18:20

 

You didn't choose me, but I chose you

 

They shall call on my name, and I will hear them

 

And let thy Name be magnified for ever

 

Sanctify them through thy truth; Thy Word is truth

 

I will set him on high because he hath known my name

 

He gave the right to become children of God ? For whom???

 

Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

 

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare 

No comments: